Thursday, December 25, 2008

First Steps....


Well I am finally on my bike. I did a ride of 15.57 miles a couple of days ago. It was a flat ride, no hills but it felt really nice. Here is a link to my MotionBased site which has all my ride info. I will post the links to all my ride info after every ride. All my rides are public and can be analyzed and if someone wants to be my Chris Carmichael type coach and give me pointers, I would greatly appreciated.

Anyway, back to the ride. Flat. A country road ride past fields of Grapevine fields which will produce raisins leading to a small town called Sanger, east of Fresno California. I ride this road every winter when I visit my mother. It was uneventful except I was chased by two dogs who got my speed going to 24 miles an hour and they gave me a good chase. I havent been chased by dogs in years. I dont know why but in my own personal experience dogs don't chase you in Europe. They may piss on your bike while parked, but not try to eat a leg. They chase in Latin America too. I have always thought Europeans where a little more civilized and I guess that extends to the dogs as well....

Christmas Eve and today were spent on the trainer, 30 minute sessions. My brother in law Fernando, a cyclist and now Marathon Runner lent me his trainer the few days I am in town. I have a new one waiting for me, an Elite with a computer. I only used it once since my lovely wife bought it for me for my birthday way back in October when I was contemplating entering the Etape. My ass really hurt after the one hour session. Cant wait to use it again....

On Saturday I head for the hills of Berkeley. Tomorrow, another sesion on the Trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment